Commit to Your Career
Society for Human Resource Management's (SHRM) global HR credentials: SHRM-Certified Professional (CP) and SHRM-Senior Certified Professional (SCP); offer growth, advancement and recognition.
The HR profession is no longer just about what you know – but how you do your job. By becoming SHRM certified, you prove your knowledge, competency and value to colleagues and to employers looking for a competitive edge in today's global economy. Wherever your career takes you, your SHRM certification will define you as an HR expert and leader.
Ensure you're prepared with our online course designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive twelve-week online program combines expert instruction with the 2023 SHRM Learning System®.
- Learn faster.
- Retain more knowledge.
- Stay on track for success on the exam.
- Convenient 24/7 Online Access
UW-Stout's online SHRM certification preparation course is designed to provide a structured, peer and instructor-supported review of the content in the SHRM Body of Applied Skills (BASK). Participants are guided through the content with a variety of materials and study tools each week.
Dates: Sep 11 - Dec 1
Early-bird registration fee: $1,110 (ends July 14)
Group rate available: $1,048 per registrant. (Email to request)
Stout Alumni Discount: $1,048 (Email to request)
Weekly Meeting Day/Time: Participants will meet with the instructor and peers on Mondays from 5-6 pm.
Who Should Enroll in Our Online SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP HR Training Course?
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
The SHRM-CP certification is for individuals who perform HR duties or currently enrolled students who wish to verify, validate, enhance and/or expand their HR capabilities are likely candidates for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Candidates for the SHRM-CP certification are not required to hold an HR title and do not need a degree or previous HR experience to apply; however, a basic working knowledge of HR practices and principles is recommended.
For details on these requirements, visit SHRM's Eligibility Criteria.
Scheduling Your Exam
For best results, schedule your certification exam for a date that is after the end of your preparation course. The next test window is May 1 – July 15, 2023. Visit SHRM's website to apply.
Exam Application Deadline
The early-bird deadline to apply for the summer window of the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam is TBD. Live remote proctoring is now available for SHRM certification exams, so you have the option to take your test at home or at a testing center. Visit SHRM's website to apply.
Not interested in certification? Advance your career.
If you're not interested in certification but want to improve your HR skills, this course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain:
- Generalist viewpoint
- Refresh key ideas and concepts
- Strengthen your understanding of core behavior and technical competencies
- Increase productivity in the workplace
Why Enroll in Our Courses?
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the 2023 SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts. The SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP covers the SHRM Body of Applied Skills (SHRM BASK).
The SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preparation course will provide you with the competencies and knowledge you'll need to effectively perform your job and achieve career success. Our course is designed to:
- Help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently
- Combines the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
A Course Designed for Your Success
This course combines expert instruction with the most comprehensive and effective way to prepare for success on your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam. The interactive SHRM Learning System provides a roadmap to guide your studies through the entire SHRM Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge™ (SHRM BASK™) which provides the foundation for both SHRM certification exams.
- Online eReader and downloadable ePublications are both included
- Printed book provided
- At home or on-the-go, the SHRM Learning System is portable and convenient
- 24/7 access to all the materials so you can study when it fits in your schedule
- More than 2,500 practice questions
- Pretest, Quizzes, Post-test, and Practice Exam are included
- Practice Exam is made up of questions that were previously used on actual SHRM certification exams
MODULE 1: HR COMPETENCIES
MODULE 2: PEOPLE
MODULE 3: ORGANIZATION
MODULE 4: WORKPLACE
- Track your progress in relation to your exam date
- Quickly see completed tasks, scores, and recommended next steps
- Easily navigate to your next area of study
- Review areas you’ve already completed to retain learning
- SHRM Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge™ (SHRM BASK™), which provides the foundation for both the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams
- SHRM Certification Handbook
- “Ace Your SHRM Certification Exam” Guide
- 1-ASSESS: Take the Pretest to evaluate your knowledge gaps
- 2-STUDY: Study the topics and use the online tools to close your gaps
- 3-PASS: Prepare for success on your exam by completing the Post-test and Practice Exam
Molly Adzic UW-Stout 2020 SHRM-CP StudentThe opportunity for dialog with the instructor each week helped deepen my understanding.