As acts of violence continue to occur across the country, most recently in Atlanta and involving members of the Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) community, I want to emphasize again that there is no room for hatred and discrimination against any group at UW-Stout. Our commitment to diversity is called out in our current mission statement, and at UW-Stout we value “the nobility of spirit, a diversity of people, respect and inclusion for all.”
I ask everyone to assist me in ensuring that our APIDA students and employees are supported during what is an extremely difficult time for many after the events in Atlanta.
Employee support is available through Kepro, 1.833.539.7285 and SilverCloud.
Support resources for students include:
- Counseling Center: email@example.com, 715.232.2468
- Dean of Students: firstname.lastname@example.org, 715.232.1181
- Associate Dean of Students for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: email@example.com, 715.232.1658
- Multicultural Student Services: firstname.lastname@example.org, 715.232.1381
- Student Support Services and Fostering Success: email@example.com, 715.232.5180
- The Qube: firstname.lastname@example.org, 715.232.5471
As we continue to process the hate and violence that has been increasingly prevalent within the last year, our Associate Dean of Students for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and our Director of Multicultural Student Services invite students to stop by to check in, to process, to simply exist in community with them and with one another from 4:30 to 6 p.m.today in the MSC, Great Hall. Please visit http://cglink.me/2db/r1060092 for more information.
Finally, anyone who experiences any hate or bias is encouraged to report such incidences to our Bias Incident Response Team.
Thank you for your efforts in support of our colleagues, students, and university community. A shared commitment to making UW-Stout a more equitable and inclusive place is absolutely critical.