Campus Preview & Transfer Days
These events are comprehensive visit programs where you and other prospective students spend a day learning what UW-Stout has to offer.
Admitted Students: During our Campus Preview & Transfer Days in April, you will have the opportunity to sign up for orientation, submit your housing contract, commit to UW-Stout and take more steps to become a Blue Devil!
- Friday, April 7, 2023 (Full Capacity Met. Please contact us for waitlist.)
- Friday, April 14, 2023
- 8:30–9:00 a.m. | Informational Fair: Housing, Dining, and Life on Campus
- 9:00–9:45 a.m. | Admissions Overview
- 9:45–10:15 a.m. | Student Panel
- 10:15–11:15 a.m. | Student-Guided Walking Tour
- 11:15 a.m.–Noon | Academic Expo
- 11:45 a.m. | Optional facility tours for students interested in Art, Design, & Graphics; Engineering; and Hospitality & Management
- 11:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. | Transfer Student Meetings: Credits, Transfer Resources, and Next Steps
- End your day at UW-Stout with an optional lunch.
Discover Stout Visit Experience
Join us for a general admissions overview and student-guided walking tour! You'll hear from admissions counselors and current UW-Stout students who will personally guide you through campus and share both the well-known facts and little-known tips about life at Stout.
Optional lunch for the student and one guest is offered to those registered for a 9:00 a.m. arrival (additional may be purchased). If you are registered for a 1:00 p.m. visit, please arrive by Noon to take advantage of the optional lunch.
Academic Program Visit Experience
Join us for an academic-focused campus visit! This type of visit will last between 3-4 hours.
The following days will be assigned to majors within our career clusters. Please review each career cluster to find the major you are interested in and register for the session on the day of the week that coincides below:
- Art, Design & Graphics | Mondays, 1:00 p.m.
- Human & Social Science | Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m.
- Education | Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m.
- Pre-Law Pathways | Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m.
- Business & Management | Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m.
- Information Technology & Communications | Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m.
- Science, Engineering & Math | Thursdays, 9:00 a.m.
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathways | Thursdays, 9:00 a.m.
Undecided? The best option for students still deciding on a major is to attend a Campus Preview & Transfer Day which include an academic expo to learn more about the various majors at UW-Stout!
- Admissions information session
- Campus walking-tour
- Academic focused meeting and/or facility tour
- Optional lunch for the student and one guest is offered to those registered for a 9 a.m. arrival (additional may be purchased). If you are registered for a 1 p.m. visit, please arrive by Noon to take advantage of the optional lunch.
Quick Stop Saturdays
This visit caters to those interested in learning about Stout in a quick stop kind of style! This visit will last under 2 hours and includes a general admissions session and campus walking tour only. Space is a bit more limited for this style of visit, so make sure to register ahead of time!
- Saturday, April 1, 2023
- Saturday, April 15, 2023
- Saturday, April 22, 2023
- Condensed Admissions information session
- Campus walking-tour
We look forward to connecting with your group, either in person or virtually! We ask for at least two weeks’ notice for a group visit, as it will allow us to personalize the visit based on your request. These visits are for high school groups, college access programs, and organizations bringing more 7+ students.
If you plan to bring less than six students, please use our regular weekday scheduling process and register each student.
Visits will include an Admissions presentation and campus walking tour. Depending on your needs, we also could provide a student panel and sessions by Disability Services, Multicultural Student Services, and/or Student Support Services. While we cannot guarantee all requests, we will do our best to meet your needs.
To schedule a Group Visit to UW-Stout, email email@example.com.
Please include in your request:
- Name of school or organization
- In-person vs. virtual session
- Number of students (Note: We recommend a maximum of 75 and expect 1 chaperone per 15 students)
- Grade Levels (Note: High school level only please)
- Date and time preferences
- Any special needs or requests