The UW-Stout Dietetic Internship (DI) is a graduate degree-requiring program with an emphasis on "Nutrition Throughout The Life Cycle." The Dietetic Internship provides a wide variety of experiences in clinical nutrition, community nutrition and food service management in a variety of settings. The program requires registration for 15 graduate credits in Supervised Practice in Medical Nutrition Management via FN-865.
Apply FOR A Dietetic Internship
UW-Stout Dietetic Internship Program Facts
- We accept 8 interns per year
- Internship begins in August and ends in May
- 15 weeks in Clinical rotations (Inpatient, Outpatient and Long-term care).
- 5-6 weeks in Food Service Management rotations (School and Hospital)
- 7 weeks in Community and Public Health rotations (WIC and ADRC)
- 1 week at your choice of a location and emphasis
- Historically 100% of interns who begin the internship, complete the internship
- 100% of interns from 2014–2017 passed the RDN credentialing exam.
Virtual Open House
Outcome data measuring achievement of the UW-Stout Dietetic Internship (DI) program is available upon request.